Saturday, October 9, 2010

VINTAGE LOVE SATURDAY BLOG HOP VINTAGE SEWING

                                       
This Pincushion sat on my Grandma's dresser for as long as my Dad can remember (he is 80) . It sat on my Mom's dresser ever since my Grandma died ( about 46 years ago).I have not been able to find pics of anything like this . I would love it if someone could help  figure out  what it is worth . Please visit http://southernladyvintage.blogspot.com/  for more vintage sewng blog posts and hop on over to visit other's blogs!!Don't forget to vote on next week's theme!!
Available at http://vintgemarbles.etsy.com/ VINTAGE WOODEN SEWING CHEST
http://www.etsy.com/listing/54799543/vintage-wooden-sewing-chest

7 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Very nice! Was wondering what the inside looks like. Maybe someone might be able to help a little more if they could see the inside.
Thanks once again for joining in on Vintage Love Saturday! I am always so happy to see that you link in and to come over and see what you have!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

LOL! Well that's weird! The photo of your darling pincushion wasn't showing when I first came over. It's the pincushion that you are wanting help with not the wood sewing box! I have never seen one like that one,but it is CUTE! Thanks for linking in!

Vintage Tinsel said...

What a neat pin cushion! It's a new one for me! I'm sure it's pricelss as far as you are concerned!

Antiques Galore Gal said...

That's a really cute pin cushion! I love old boxes, so the sewing chest is a winner with me as well.

ennadoolf said...

That's a beautiful and unique pin cushion - I love it!
Anne
http://www.etsy.com/shop/VintageAndSuch

ThreeOldKeys said...

Your pincushion is precious -- especially because of the family memories. Is the cushion part glued to the metal base? Is the fabric velvety? It looks like it's in perfect condition. When I saw the thumbnail, I though it was a Twinkie ...

AlyMae said...

I'll try to remember to ask my aunt when I go visit her if she remembers pincushions like that -- it's very different -- I love her face!